Sunday, July 18, 2010

it's peanut butta jelly time!

Peanut butta jelly time, peanut butta jelly time!

Whur he at? Whur he at? Whur he at? Whur he at?

Thur he go! Thur he go! Thur he go! Thur he go!

Peanut butta jelly, peanut butta jelly, peanut butta jelly, peanut butta jelly

Do the peanut butta jelly, peanut butta jelly, peanut butta jelly wit a baseball bat!

Do the peanut butta jelly, peanut butta jelly, peanut butta jelly wit a baseball bat!!



.....HOKAY, I've totally had this song in my head, and yes, I walk around the house doin my thang and shakin my 'peanut butta jelly' when it's necessary (which this past week has been quite often). Reason being - that's all Peter and I are going to be eating b/c of the recent purchases we've made...

I never anticipated needing so much furniture once we got settled over here. But I seriously NEED it... like I dream about that adorable little chair that I can place in the corner of my room (at a very slight angle of course) that I can lounge in and sip my morning coffee and gaze out at the sea. Plus we need furniture that can survive a few more moves - so I'm not thinking IKEA people. They just opened up a Pottery Barn here and it's going to be the death of me... I just know it! We went last night with the intention of buying a few rugs I've had my eye on and they took FOREVS to get them pulled from the back and to ring us up.... so while Peter sat on outdoor furniture with his head in his hands, I was running around like a madwoman and ended up finding a few MORE things that I couldn't live without - whatever, no buyers remorse here! They were on sale and he'll thank me later...

We still need some big pieces of furniture but the prices over here are just RIDIC! I know how much these pieces cost back in the states and what's worse is some of them even still have the US$ amount still on the price tag next to the KD price - ummmm, are you TRYING to turn Americans off of buying your products?? The lady at the checkout was super nice, she kept apologizing about the long wait (mostly b/c Peterpie looked like he had been dragged through a Babies R Us or something). We're having the large rugs delivered to our place in the next few days so she took our address...

'Mahboula,' I started...
She giggled, 'I'm sorry, Mahboula have very funny meaning in Arabic language.'

So... There it is... I live in 'Crazy Lady' town... ON PURPOSE! I informed her that I was aware of the meaning. No smile on my face this time sister. Let's pack this stuff up and finish this transaction so I can go get muh husband a snack to cheer him up.

We ate at P.F. Chang's... DIVINE! Then I dragged him to IKEA to look at cheap stuff... Man, he's a good sport! I kept reminding him that I don't get out much and that this was SOO much fun! Sometimes I think that if I tell Peter how much fun I'm having over and over and over again that my good times will rub off on him and we can enjoy shopping experiences like this TOGETHER. But shopping for furni right now is just a necessary evil! We need stuff! I don't have a car! I don't have money! So that means when Peter's home it's time for ME to take care of business... and you really have to put the legwork into finding good pieces b/c unless you want a teal sectional made out of crushed velvet sitting on gold feet, you really have to look...

I know, I know... I was the owner of two purple couches before I moved here, so I should love this stuff, right? I still miss big (and lil) purp... but the tacky stops here. This is the first place I've ever had that is my space (I mean, I know it's Peter's too - but I spend my whole life in this place) so I'm taking the time to pick out things I love and things I won't mind having around for, well, a really long time anyway.

Anypoops, here comes the bad news. Peter can't come home in August! :-((((((( This breaks my heart into teeny tiny little pieces! I mean, I knew it was a possibility but I guess I was just being hopeful... Now I can't decide when to leave or for how long b/c I really don't want to leave him. I've been so excited for this trip! It's still going to happen... but I'm just disappointed! Peter won't be able to come home until Christmas now, bless his heart. I guess I'll have to fill up a big 'ol suitcase of his faves to bring back with me! ;-)

Please start saying prayers NOW that I don't get stopped going through customes. I wasn't so lucky coming back from Jordan... BOOO!!!


2 comments:

  1. Lydia, I'm so enjoying reading your blog. I had my sister add you to our blog roll at the bert alert blog.

    We miss you so, but every few days one of the girls at HAA says, "did you read Lydia's blog" and we all go, "oh I know!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. AIMZZZZ!!!! You're so sweet! I miss seeing everyone at HAA - there just aren't any organizations THAT organized out here! You guys do such a great job! XOXOX

    ReplyDelete