Thursday, April 22, 2010

so they all rolled over and one fell out...

I’m still having probs sleeping at night. In fact, I’m pretty sure I only slept about 2 hours total last night. We have a king sized bed here at the corporate apt – which I’m definitely going to miss… but even with the larger bed, Peter still manages to crowd me out of the bed! I woke up with one arm and one leg hanging off the edge of the bed… yeah, it’s hot here, but we have A/C people! No reason for any limbs to be uncovered much less suspended from a bed! I looked over to see Peter lying on MY side of the bed and like 4 feet of empty bed on the other side of him… REALLY? I know when Peter’s cold he’s going to snuggle me, I’m his little piece of charcoal… but I was borderline snuggled out of the bed! I thought about getting up and walking over to the other side of the bed and enjoying all that empty space, but then I knew it would totally creep him out to find me on the other side. So… I just lay there in bed and thought about what I was going to do for the next few days…

Today is Thurs, our Friday – so when Peter leaves the office at 4PM today it’s officially weekend! We don’t have all that much planned except for going to the Friday Market ßso pumped!!! I’m going to take picts b/c I hear it’s bonkers! I guess it’s the equivalent of our ‘Trader’s Village’ back home… but we’ll seeeeee! J I’m also getting a mani/pedi on Saturday – which is much overdue! I have no idea what to expect in the way of salons here, but a friend assures me it will be just fine! ;-)

OH! I found out what the second bowl is for… I know I must have sounded like a complete ding dong, but I had to ask… I mean, I’ve thought of a few purposes on my own. For example, I thought maybe that should be Peter’s toilet – you know, like a his and hers, since the second bowl is missing the lid naturally that would be Peter’s! OR maybe it’s for washing my feet? I mean, I know my dogs need a bath after walking around in this sandbox, and it’s in the PERF spot. I could sit on the 1st toilet with the lid closed and plop my feet in bowl number two for a little hose off!? NOPE… People, this is why Europeans think we’re disgusting! The second bowl IS the bidet! All the dirty stuff goes in toilet number one and then the second bowl is for cleaning…. Hmmmm, makes sense because there is no water in the second bowl, only a small drain – also, no flush. This bowl is slightly smaller and not as deep as the reg toilet bowl. If you have more questions, feel free to ask. This is as much info as I feel comfortable posting… being this IS the World Wide Web… Should you care to hear about my first experiences I’m happy to share as I do NOT recommend using the hose over the second potty… not until you’ve learned to tame it, which… I have not.

Appliance Update: I have still not learned how to use the oven OR the dryer, we grill every night or eat out and our towels are crispy from the drying rack (sorry Peter).

Since my last post I’ve eaten at several fab restaurants and have seen almost all the malls here. Mall hopping is the thing to do… I say ‘mall hopping’ and not ‘shopping’ for a reason. The 1st rings true for me b/c I’m having difficulty ‘shopping’… don’t get me wrong, I can put miles on plastic quicker than you can blink an eye, but I’m finding it hard to pull the trigger here. WHY? B/c I’ve trained my mind to do the conversion rate for EVERYTHING that I look at and the prices make me a little sick to my tum tum!! BLAST our weak dollar!!! Not to mention, sales transactions make me nervous! The Kuwaiti Dinar (KD) looks like Monopoly money to me… It has absolutely no value to me… I’m like oh, how much did you say? Ummm, ok… (me fumbling with said monopoly money and coins) I give them my biggest bill so they can make change. What?? You need fils? (there are 1000 fils in a KD and coins are rare, making it difficult for vendors to make accurate change) UH OH! This is where I dig in my change pocket and hold out an extended palm, hoping and praying I have the right coin… There are only Arabic numbers on these coins and I don’t know why my stupid brain refuses to retain such important information… but since I rarely have to use these coins, I guess that info gets the boot to make room for other useless info, like the current pros and cons list I’m keeping track of in my head…

All the ladies here say you just have to suck it up and buy what you want… But I shop at Banana Republic back home and I know what those tops are supposed to cost!!! So, I have not yet purchased any items for myself… I can’t wait to visit the souqs though!!! Those are the shops in the streets that you can bargain in! Then I can exchange my monopoly money for things I don’t really need! It’ll be just like the game!!!! :-D

The volcano in Iceland has delayed our air shipment and it doesn’t look like it’s going to get here anytime soon. It’s stuck in Milan… lucky air shipment… I really can’t stop thinking about having our things here and making our little home! AHHHH, it’s going to be so nice to sleep in my bed and lay on my couch!!! I dream about it! Speaking of dreams… now, my friends KNOW I have odd dreams… most of the time they’re not worth mentioning, but my friends always listen! Wellll, here in Kuwait, I just have Peter pants…. LOL! You should have seen his face the other morning while we were brushing our teeth; I was telling him about this dinosaur-giraffe-faced-crocodile that I had just dreamed about. I mean, I’m sure it sounded scary what with pasty foam creeping from the edges of my mouth while I was telling the story, but his face was PRICELESS!! Perhaps I should just begin journaling my dreams for further analysis at a later date…

No comments:

Post a Comment