Wednesday, June 30, 2010

BABIES, BABIES, BABIEEEES!!!

WOW! I feel like everyone I know either has a baby, just had one, or is about to give birth to one! It's so exciting to find out what everyone's having and then to see the pics posted when they're actually here and SOO tiny! Precious little bundles of joy...

My mom has been giving me a full court press: 'I mean, everyone else is a Grandma...', 'All the other teachers talk about their grandkids...', 'I hope you guys are thinking about having a baby soon, you don't want to wait TOOOO long, Lydia!'

Sheeesh, I admit, Peter and I have knocked around the idea of having a baby over here. I've met several women who gave birth here in Kuwait and they said the accommodations were RIDIC. The Hyatt owns the private hotel and your room overlooks the Arabian Gulf... fancy schmancy...

During the 3 months that we've been here I've been lucky enough to get to spend butt loads of time with our friend's baby, Logan. He's so awesome and Peter and I have grown VERY attached to him! Look at that wittle face?!?!?!?! Sometimes I squeeze him too hard... I know this.

Bless Peter, he's like, 'Want one?' Me: 'Well suuuure, let's just swing by the store on the way home and pick one out! Were you thinking boy or girl?' I LOVE the idea of having a baby, don't get me wrong. But Peter isn't the one that will be waddling around for 9 months in a country where bayou booty can be expected as soon as you step out the door. Not to mention, I don't drive! If I'm going to have a baby over here I HAVE GOT to learn how to drive here... Which scares the duke out of me...

There's so much gear that goes along with having a baby too! You have to get the crib, the stroller, the car seat, clothes, toys, the little bouncy chair, they need a whole nother room for God's sake! I know, I know... It's totally worth it and other stuff... BUT, until you've moved everything you own across the world, I don't want to hear it. The fun thing about moving all our things over here and inventorying EVERY SINGLE ITEM is knowing that in 3 years you'll have to do it ALL OVER AGAIN! Barf... it makes me queasy just to think about it... SOOO, adding a third person to this equation that is guaranteed not to be able to pull their weight puts me off just a bit...

Plus, we have so many plans for travel while we're over here. *Sigh* But I DO live in a country where alcohol is illegal - it's like I'm pregnant right now without the payoff in 9 months... and I DO have my days free to wash tiny clothes and change poopy dipes... I already carry around a diaper bag for Peter (he calls it my purse, but whatever) containing his contact solution, glasses, eye drops, wallet, keys, receipts, bottled water, snacks - I suppose I could make some room for a few bottles and diapers.

Another concern is that I know myself... and I know my body. I'm going to BLOW UP when I get pregnant. I already eat like a growing boy and with the excuse that I've got another body to feed, who KNOWS how much I will consume!?! Scurrrry... I can't WAIT to let my belly hang out though, I think that's going to be the best part! Gooodbye spanks, HELLO expandable waist pants and tent tops!!

OK, but, we've only been married for like 4 months! I've made some big changes this year... having a baby would be like a quadruple whammy! And WHAT IF I HAD TWINS???? Because my sister and I are fraternal my mother has always told us there is a chance we could have twins as well... and that WOULD happen to me!? PERF - I just doubled the size of our fam in less than a year. We can kiss saving money out the window and I will morph into Kate Gosselin right before your eyes.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOOOOAAAA... my eyes just crossed for a second. I need a cup of coffee and to listen to the complete silence that surrounds me in my lonely apartment. All better... Sooo, obviously, I need to chew on this idea a little more. I love muh husband to isty bitsy pieces and thinking about having a little Peter pie really is so exciting, I just want it to be the right time for us, ya know?


3 comments:

  1. I totally feel you! It's so hard to know when the right time is, but you are a wise woman with a great husband. I am sure u will figure it out and it will work out beautifully. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha you crack me up, i love reading your stuff! girl, be sure you get all your traveling in before you decide to take the plunge because let me tell you...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes please dear god, let her be the one to bear twins!! ;) and on a related note - just know that no matter what happens - there is no amount of land or sea that could keep me away from you in a tent top. don't hide take PRIDE! love, abby ;)

    ReplyDelete