Tuesday, May 25, 2010

pity party, table for 1


Alllriight, it's been nice catching up on some much needed alone time, reading books, cooking, working out and watching movies. But I'm starting to feel like I'm in the movie Groundhog Day. It's been hard to spend this much time alone... I mean, I'm a twin for God's sake. I didn't even have the womb to myself.

It's hard not having a purpose over here (YET). I really don't have a reason to even get up in the morning. I actually lay there until my bladder screams at me and I'm forced to get out of bed or wet it... It's a morning routine. I don't wear any makeup over here unless I'm going out to dinner and even then it's very minimal, it's just going to melt off my face anyway. Soooo at least I'm saving on makeup applications (see, I'm being positive).

Our things arrived last Thursday, May 27th, so everything I own is sitting in this desert heat and all I can think about are those stupid candles that I never burned (WHYYY?) and how they're going to be a soupy mess once I start unpacking...

Another reason I might be a little cranky is b/c i started Insanity. If you don't know what it is, it's a workout that after you're finished you seriously want to cry. I curse the whole time and afterwards I flop over on the ground and lay in a pool of my own sweat, lovely... I try to engage in this activity while my hubs is at work.

On to more positive developments: We should be moving in this SATURDAY! (insert 'PARTY NOISE', clapping, deep lunge with alternating fist pumps, AMENS and HALLELUJAHS) But wait, there's more!!!!!! Guess who's comin home in a few weeks???? Ok, I'll give you another hint: Who has two thumbs, roots down to her earlobes and is rockin a SERIOUS tan right now? MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Peter has to come home to complete some residency requirements and you bet your tooter he wasn't returning to the States without moi!

SOOOO, I'll be home for the 4th - and we can't WAIT to ENJOY all that Houston has to offer! Houston, don't get your feelings hurt, but we've been together for the last 28 years and I was ready for a change... I've realized the error of my ways and now Momma love you LONG LONG time!!!

Peter can only stay a week and we have A LOT to get accomplished, but I'll be staying behind for a few more weeks - b/c well, I don't have a job waiting for me and I MISS MY MOMMYYYY!!!

Since we're about to leave and I've spent the last 2 months in this apartment I've decided to do a little video montage of our first 8 weeks of marriage in corporate housing. KIDDING... I know, I know, I really should though...

But here are a few pics:

The couches here are orange... and most of the walls are lime green. Mind boggling. The couches were arranged in a very odd manner and not conducive to mine and Peter's lifestyle. It took me a month to come up with this glorious set up and it's been this way ever since.


The couches face the entertainment center and this horrible tiled extension that I hit my shin on rounding the corner almost EVERY day...


Our ginormous bed that Peter still manages to crowd me out of...


This thing weights 37 lbs... I have to use it to blow dry my hair and use any other electric contraptions. It makes a noise when I flip on the power switch that always makes me a little nervous... but this bad boy is legit!


Little baby kitchen...

Stupid oven that I never learned to use... I mean, what temp is 7?? I'm just saying...


Combo washer/aerator, I don't care what you say, this thing does not 'dry'!


Moving on to our dryer... guaranteed to make your socks stand up on their own.

I'll put some more picts up on FB, but you get the idea...



2 comments:

  1. I love you so very much, Lid! thank you for sharing your "adventures in the desert" with all of us! Smooches! T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make that a table for two! We're in the same boat, girl... Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete